[hpsdr] Penelope+Ozy Extl. Connector DB25

Gerd Loch g.loch at nt-electronics.de
Sat Aug 30 01:28:51 PDT 2008

Unfortunately there are the same connectors on both Ozy and Penelope. This
may lead to connect an external device to the wrong board.

This is what happened to me as the boards were plugged next to the other and
so I damaged my external device. Fortunately I did not damage Ozy as far as
I can see up to now.

So be more carefully in plugging to the correct board.

Btw the connector receptacles on Penelope have a very low insertion force
and the connector will easily fall off when you do not fasten the locking
screws. It seems to be not a good quality.

I would suggest a different connector or one with a coding facility for
future projects.

73, Gerd