[hpsdr] Admin: Correct Posting Address to this discussion list

J.D. Bakker jdb at lartmaker.nl
Thu Aug 7 08:14:17 PDT 2008

[FWIW, I don't believe this is what Don's talking about, but...]

>  Wouldn't it be much easier if, like in the majority of the lists I
>subscribe to, the list default would be to reply to the list, and
>not to the originator of the message ? Then you wouldn't need to
>change manually the To: address. Yes, I know, I could click on
>Reply-All, but then the originator of the message would receive
>*two* messages from me...
>Aren't lists meant to be places for a public discussion ? Why the
>need to reply only to the sender of the original message ?

The opinions on this differ, to say the least:

http://marc.merlins.org/netrants/reply-to-harmful.html

and

http://woozle.org/~neale/papers/reply-to-still-harmful.html

versus

http://marc.merlins.org/netrants/reply-to-useful.html

I am on lists which use both conventions. Personally I prefer the
[hpsdr]-way; I'd rather realize that I forgot to CC: the list and
send an extra copy than find a message that was meant as a personal
reply ending up on a public list (and in a public archive).

JDB.
--
LART. 250 MIPS under one Watt. Free hardware design files.
http://www.lartmaker.nl/