[hpsdr] Ozy Design

Bill Tracey bill at ewjt.com
Thu Aug 14 22:07:06 PDT 2008

I believe you can drop a 2C5 in w/o problem - you probably have to
redo the RBF files, but electrically at the pins I believe they're
compatible.   I think we used the 2C5 on the Ozy 1 and the 2C8 on the
production ... we wanted to make sure we had the largest FPGA
practical to allow room for experimentation.

The  DS2480B  is not currently used by any software  ... it probably
does not work as currently wired since it's powered from the 3.3v bus
and it wants 5v.  At one point I did try to talk to it and was unable
to get it to work - probably because the supply voltage for it is
wrong.  The intent was to put 1 wire EEPROMs on the various boards on
the bus and we'd be able to enumerate what was on the bus -- good
idea, but flawed in the implementation.

Regards,

Bill (kd5tfd)