[hpsdr] Penelope PTT

Gerd Loch g.loch at nt-electronics.de
Mon Aug 18 23:55:28 PDT 2008

Hi Phil,

Of course you are right that this will only cure the issue but I doubt that
you can totally avoid dropouts in the system Windows-USB. I am running W2k
and my cpu load ist somewhere about 25% and I am not willing to run PowerSDR
exclusively on this PC. I always had poppings and I do not know how I could
avoid them in practice. Maybe you can reduce the number per timeunit. USB is
not realtime.
On the other side what is the practical use of making PTT dependent on
HAVE_SYNC so that this workaround would not make sense?

Can you offer a concept how to totally avoid the fifo running empty?

73, Gerd
DJ8AY