[hpsdr] ADC for VSWR Measurement

Gerd Loch g.loch at nt-electronics.de
Wed Aug 27 08:32:24 PDT 2008

Hi Phil,

Please keep patient with me but I still have questions:

SWR measurement needs 2 analog signals: FWD and REV. Are there ideas for the
remaining 2 inputs on Penelope?

why do we not have the ADC for VSWR measurement on Mercury since the analog
signal from Alex is going into Mercury? The cable which is needed to feed
analog signals to Penelope is non standard: 4 pins on Mercury and either
25pins on a DSUB (outside the housing) or an 8 pole header which is not very
well accessible. And cables between cards seem to be in contradiction to the
Bus architecture.

Maybe I write the code for SWR measurement. If so I would like to know your
preferences on which pin(s) on Atlas you would connect the digital output of
the ADC and which dataformat you would choose. Output is on one line, clock
CBCLK is already available on the Atlas-Bus.

Furthermore the Ozy firmware has to be changed/completed and we need to
define how the "analog" signals should be implemented in the USB protocol.

Are there suggestions? Who has done the coding for the FX2 so far?

PWM_out from Penelope: what is it provided for?

Have not yet found a connection for an ATU? (ATU_CTL and ATU_FB)?

73, Gerd
DJ8AY