[hpsdr] Mercury problems

David McQuate mcquate at sonic.net
Sat Dec 27 16:51:58 PST 2008

I can sometimes see noise, but never see any signal, even in I apply
at -70dBm signal.

I have Ozy in slot 6, Mercury in slot 4.
The USB driver is OZY Host Assisted Firmware Load.
(Is there a better driver?  If so, where do I find it?)

I've tried to use USBIO, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

I'm using a USB sound "card", Behringer U-Control UCA202.
I've connected only +5v power supply, since that's the only one needed,
unless using RS-232 on OZY.

I've run PowerSDR, from svn--

\repos_sdr_windows\PowerSDR\branches\kd5tfd\PennyMerge\bin\Release

but selecting HPSDR prevents me from selecting the Windows Direct Sound
or MME driver
and the USB Audio Codec.

LED's illuminated on OZY: D5-8, D12;  D9 & D10 alternate.

LED's illuminated on Mercury D3, D9 D10, D14,-D17.

Any hints?

Thank you!

Dave
WA8YWQ