[hpsdr] Mercury Close in Dynamic range

FRANCIS CARCIA carcia at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 28 16:35:32 PST 2008

OK All you Software wizards here is one to think about. Today I wanted to check close in dynamic range so set my generators at 5 KHz spacing on 75 meters. The generators were higher than 100 dB above the noise floor. The spur was visable on the display and I could hear a cw tone. I dropped the signal levels to around 100 dB above the noise floor and the tone went away as well as the pip on the display.
Then I noticed every few seconds a loud click in the audio and the S meter showed a transient. I had to drop the generator levels quite low to eliminate this transient output.
AGC-T was at 120. Dither Enabled and Random Enabled.  Frank WA1GFZ