[hpsdr] up and running

Ken ke2n at cs.com
Mon Dec 29 06:45:09 PST 2008

Just a note to say I got my unit running, after some fiddling with the
libusb driver.

The first time I started Ozy, the "found new hardware" wizard wanted to run.
Stopping it was a mistake as the FPGA load program went into a loop throwing
off "unhandled exception" errors.

The second time, I let the hardware wizard to its thing and, after a couple
of reboots/restarts, everything started working fine.

I found I had 2 OZY Host devices showing in device manager - I was able to
remove the first one.

My little 2.53 GHz/533 MHz Pentium 4 can only run at 48000 sampling rate
(50% CPU load) - higher rates result in dropouts.

>> It seems that Power SDR does not want to remember that I have selected
>> 48k and always comes up with 192k when restarted.

Thanks to all involved in making this possible.

Ken
KE2N