[hpsdr] A petition to help save a 35 year Amateur Radio institution.

Patrick McEvoy kc2rbe at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 08:01:58 PST 2008

Hello HPSDR list,
Please excuse my slightly off topic post.
I am a member of the Hall of Science Amateur Radio Club (HoSARC).
We have been circulating a petition to help "save our station".  For
over 35 years the radio club has been a live exhibit at the  Hall of
Science Museum in Queens New York to help expose adults and kids
attending the museum to the exciting world of amateur radio. In
addition they have meetings on the second Tuesday evening of every
month that cover topics as varied as amateur radio itself.(including
SDR)
Below is the email message sent out by our club to help get the word
out about our situation. If you would like to help, please follow the
URL link to the petition and sign it.
Thank you for your time.
73,
Patrick McEvoy KC2RBE

Dear Fellow Amateur,

The Hall of Science Amateur Radio Club- WB2JSM  is putting out an SOS
( save our station) call for your help. The Hall of Science Amateur
Radio Club has been demonstrating amateur radio to the visiting public
for over 35 years as an independent exhibit at the New York Hall of
Science  Children's Museum located in Queens, New York . The museum is
undergoing a major renovation project and wants us out for good. We
have started a petition which we want you to sign and circulate for us
in order to help preserve a great ham radio asset by showing officials
at the museum that you value what we do. Please visit
http://tinyurl.com/6ljost to read more about our plight and sign our
petition.We have logged over 10,000 contacts from the station and even
if you're not in our log your help will let us continue to talk up
amateur radio and create the next generation of ham radio operators .

Respectfully Submitted

Tom  Golero KC2CBA

Club Liaison Officer