[hpsdr] Sasquatch II

Philip Covington p.covington at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 16:10:17 PST 2008

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 7:00 PM, Lyle Johnson <kk7p at wavecable.com> wrote:

>> What do you envision the Human Interface to look like?
>> Standard desktop computer LCD screen, and a mouse?
>> Or something else more traditionally radio like?
>
> I'm more focused on the DSP side than the UI side.
>
> But I am certain that Real Radios Have Knobs! Mice don't work well on picnic
> tables :-)
>
> 73,
>
> Lyle KK7P

LOL... Check this out:

<http://www.philcovington.com/SDR/files/dinosaur_concepts.pdf>

Also, a mini-ITX (running Linux) solution can have real knobs and
buttons too.  I am designing a reprogrammable front panel board that
will communicate with a CY7C68013A over USB to the mini-ITX - rotary
encoders, buttons, and a 320x240 LCD.

Phil N8VB