[hpsdr] Sasquatch II

Lyle Johnson kk7p at wavecable.com
Wed Dec 10 16:17:59 PST 2008

> LOL... Check this out:
>
> <http://www.philcovington.com/SDR/files/dinosaur_concepts.pdf>
>
> Also, a mini-ITX (running Linux) solution can have real knobs and
> buttons too.  I am designing a reprogrammable front panel board that
> will communicate with a CY7C68013A over USB to the mini-ITX - rotary
> encoders, buttons, and a 320x240 LCD.

Absolutely!  Knobs only control encoders these days anyway, at least for
the most part.

For me zero knobs are too few, 20 are too many.  0 buttons are too few,
50 are too many.

For others, zero is the right number for both :-)

The carbon footprint for an OMAPL137 is much less than for an ITX
motherboard, and probably less than the LTC2208 ADC!!!

73,

Lyle KK7P