[hpsdr] Sasquatch II

Bob McGwier rwmcgwier at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 08:28:15 PST 2008

It is going to be hard for the Mini/Nano/Pico ITX to get the power
consumption down to the level of the Beagleboard.  HOWEVER, the model

Pico->Beagle-> (our own) as a development model has much to recommend it.
The Pico running Linux will have things up and running in very short order.
The OMAP processors need code porting and/or SIMD module coding.  Again,
the way to do that is to take the generic code that is running on the Pico,
do what is necessary to compile it for the OMAP and then work hardest on the
hottest spots for SIMD or Harvard DSP LIW optimization.

I am putting meat on what Frank suggested earlier with some specific
suggestions.

Bob

ARRL SDR Working Group Chair
NJQRP, QRP ARCI, QCWA, FRC.
"And yes I said, yes I will Yes", Molly Bloom