[hpsdr] Sasquatch II

Philip Covington p.covington at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 08:56:44 PST 2008

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 11:28 AM, Bob McGwier <rwmcgwier at gmail.com> wrote:

> It is going to be hard for the Mini/Nano/Pico ITX to get the power
> consumption down to the level of the Beagleboard.  HOWEVER, the model

If it comes down to power consumption, 2 or 30 watts is all the same
to me.  For some, it makes a big difference.

An Atom based mini-ITX running Linux is looking very good to me versus
the other alternatives available now.

All this for < $100:

Features

The D945GCLF2 is Intel's newest version of its Little Falls Mini-ITX
mainboard. Targeted specifically at the embedded, low-power computing
market (nettops), the Little Falls 2 features the dual core Intel Atom
330 processor, manufactured using Intel's 45 nm processing technology.
The D945GCLF2 offers some feature upgrades from its predecessor—HD
audio, Gb LAN, S-Video, and a low-profile heat sink. Still incredibly
affordable, despite the platform betterments, the "Little Falls 2" is
an excellent solution for a wide range of applications.

D945GCLF2 Specifications

Processor 	1.6 GHz Intel Atom 330 (dual core)
533 MHz FSB
Chipset 	Intel 945GC northbridge
ICH7 southbridge
System Memory 	1 DDR2 533/667 DIMM
Up to 2GB of memory
VGA 	Built-in Intel Graphics with GMA 950 Technology
Expansion Slots 	PCI
Onboard IDE 	1 ATA 100 40-pin
Onboard Serial ATA 	2 SATA (3Gb/sec.) connectors
Onboard USB 	8 USB 2.0
Onboard LAN 	Realtek 8111C GbE 10/100/1000
Onboard Audio 	Realtek ALC662 6 channel HD audio with multi-streaming support
Back Panel I/O 	1 Parallel port
4 USB 2.0 ports
1 VGA port
1 S-Video port
1 LAN port
1 RS-232 COM port
1 PS2 keyboard port
1 PS2 mouse port
3 Audio jacks: line-out, line-in, mic-in
Onboard I/O Connectors 	4 USB 2.0 via 2 pin headers
1 P4 power connector
2 SATA connectors
Front panel audio connector
1 Fan pin header
1 Back panel connector
BTX connector
BIOS 	Intel BIOS 4Mb flash memory
Operating Temperature 	0ºC ~ 55ºC
Form Factor 	Mini-ITX (17 cm x 17 cm)
Includes 	ATA 133 (40-pin, 80 conductor, 3 connectors)
Installation CD
Backplate
1 SATA cable