[hpsdr] Mercury Here also

Ronald Cox w9kfb1 at mac.com
Sun Dec 21 11:54:59 PST 2008

Vern,
I have been happy with the Antec case. I also have a friend in
California that purchased a black version of the case for the HPSDR
also. I sent an email to ANTEC asking them for information on how to
control the VFD, but I don't think they saw any market potential to
help me out, so they just said no help. I am now thinking of replacing
the ANTEC knob with a powermate knob, they are the same size. Don't
know how to control the VFD yet. Also not sure if the included
switching power supply is going to be a noise problem or not. Mercury
should tell me. I just ordered 100 12mm EMI clamp ons to use on the
internal and external shack wires to tame the noise. Got them on ebay
for 88 cents each. They are on the way from Hong Kong now.

Ron, W9KFB