[hpsdr] Mercury Here also

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Sun Dec 21 16:51:30 PST 2008

Quoting Vern Kollas <spoonman1227 at yahoo.com>:

> I was wondering if anyone has put together a "quick start" guide to
> get up and >running with the new board.

Yes - Joe has written an excellent manual for Mercury - we are just
waiting for some final PowerSDR screen shots to complete it and then it
will be released.  As Bill said - we did not expect the Post Office to
get the boards out so quickly!

> If I understand correctly, I really only need Ozy, Penny and now
> Mercury, correct?

Correct - Just Ozy and Mercury for a receiver, add Penelope for a 1/2
watt exciter.

> Janus is really not needed at this time?  And if not, is there a way
> for it to fit in later?

Correct. If there is enough interest we will look at adding support for
Janus later on. For now, selecting Mercury in PowerSDR will inhibit I&Q
data from Janus being sent to PowerSDR.

There is an overview of HPSDR hardware and FPGA code in the latest RSGB
Radio Communications Handbook. Good starting point... but I am biased!

73's Phil....VK6APH