[hpsdr] Mercury sees first RF here

K1rqg at aol.com K1rqg at aol.com
Thu Dec 25 13:16:23 PST 2008

Phil et all,

I have been running successfully since SVN 2570 with a couple of
configurations. Using
your slot assignment, I have been successful with MERCURY #6, PENY #5 &  OZY
#4,
but have noticed instability when selecting different clock sources. The
most stable
configuration I have found is MERCURY #6, PENY #3 & OZY #1. Regardless  of
the board
placement, when I select Mercury for 10 MHz clock source, there is an
instability on
tune and CW note. I currently have PENY selected for both clock sources and
have been
running on 75 meters driving and out board driver and Alpha amp with great
success. I
am using PENY J6 #13 for T/R switching. CW is perfect with no noticeable
delay.

I have run level calibration on Mercury with latest SVN (as well as  previous
one) and am
extremely impressed with performance. The most noticeable is how flat the
response of
the receiver is over 192 KHz spectrum. I actually had to put a 50 ohm load
right on the
Mercury BNC to eliminate outside signals.

Thanks to all that have made HPSDR project a resounding success!

73 de Joe
K1RQG

In a message dated 12/25/2008 3:57:03 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,