[hpsdr] Newbe question Ozy/Atlas/Mercury

Graham / KE9H KE9H at austin.rr.com
Fri Dec 26 11:29:43 PST 2008

Tim:

The Ozy code is inside the folder named "Release" on Bill's branch for
PowerSDR.
It is one of the two files with "Ozy" in their name. They need to be in
the same folder
as the PowerSDR application.

I suggest the following:

Create new folders on your PC at
C:\Program Files\FlexRadio Systems\PowerSDR
if they don't exist.

Then take copies of ALL files from the "release" folder on KD5TFD's
branch from the SVN, and put them in the folder you just created called
Power SDR.

That is, copy ALL files from your copy of the "Release" folder on Bill's
branch of the  SVN
\repos_sdr_windows\PowerSDR\branches\kd5tfd\PennyMerge\bin\Release
and put them in your new "Power SDR"  folder.

Make a "shortcut" of PowerSDR.exe, and move the shortcut to your desktop.

Make the [ --ignore-pp-ptt] change/addition to the shortcut.

[I assume you have already powered up the HPSDR hardware,
plugged it in a USB-2 port and installed the USBIO drivers. If
you need help with that, let me know, and I will walk you through it.]

Now, click on the shortcut to open PowerSDR.  The first time you do this,
it will run some DSP optimization routines.  This is one time only.

Follow Bill T's instructions for configuring the software.

Then, the PowerSDR screen will appear.  Now, click the "Start" button at the
upper left hand corner of the PowerSDR screen.  If this is the first time
that you have "Start"ed the PowerSDR software since you powered up
the hardware for this session, PowerSDR will automatically grab
the Ozy software from inside the folder it is in, and you will see a
Windows Control Console appear, run an installation script, then
disappear, and you should now be running and receiving.

For instructions on how to operate PowerSDR, the closest manual
is Chapters 7, 8, 9 and 10 of the SDR-1000 manual on the FlexRadio website.

Have fun...
--- Graham / KE9H

==