[hpsdr] Mercury not receiving

Steve Niles n5en at wt.net
Sat Dec 27 14:02:23 PST 2008

I received my Mercury board this week (thanks TAPR!) and installed it
with Ozy on Atlas but it's not working - no signal indicated in
PowerSDR, no audio output at Mercury phones out jack when connected to
my HF antennas.

Here's how my system is setup:

Mercury is in Atlas slot 2 and Ozy is in slot 5.

Installed USBIO from http://support.flex-radio.com/Downloads.aspx?id=50

Copied the contents of the following to the recommended Program Files
directory on my C drive.
svn://206.216.146.154/svn/repos_sdr_windows/PowerSDR/branches/kd5tfd/PennyMerge/bin/Release/

PowerSDR Setup:
Hardware Config: Radio Model HPSDR, HPSDR Hardware Present: Mercury,
"Receive Only" is checked.
HPSDR tab: 10 Mhz and 122.88 Source set to Mercury.

All Atlas LED's are on.

The follow Mercury LED's are on: D14,D15,D16,D17, D3, D9,D10.

The following Ozy LED's are on (after PowerSDR "Start"):
D5,D6,D7,D8,D12.  D1 is flashing, D9 and D10 alternate on.

PowerSDR reports CPU% 22% to 24%

The only unusual things I noticed during install were:
1) Ozy Host Assisted Firmware reports that it will work better with a
high speed USB port.
2) On first PowerSDR "Start", the software reported that .Net 2.0 was
needed.  I installed .Net 2.0, rebooted PC and restarted PowerSDR -
still no receive.

Suggestions please...

73
Steve N5EN