[hpsdr] Class e eer

FRANCIS CARCIA carcia at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 18 18:13:56 PST 2008

Well guys, I'll be the first to admit I don't know anything about eer. All my pdm work has been on AM.  It does look interesting though. My QEX rig takes about 60 to 75 watts input power. Broad band it would be closer to 100 watts without the inductor across the input phases. We all found driving the final with square wave drive works better than sine wave drive. I have not tried this with the 75 meter final but always used square wave drive in the 160 meter rig. The ARF447 fet is a great device but pretty expensive. I think I paid $3 for the 11N90s. I'll have to study the German article more to understand the feedback. I find a PDM filter has a phase shift over audio frequency unless you set the corner well above audio. I'm not sure how this effects SSB operation. frank