[hpsdr] Transformers from Communication Concepts

stoskopf at tri.net stoskopf at tri.net
Thu Feb 14 19:53:44 PST 2008

I have a couple of the Motorola/Communications Concepts 100 watt
amplifiers on the shelf that I built about 30 years ago from the CC kits.
Actually used one to drive the other directly from a mixer follower on a
homebrew 160 CW rig.  Worked very well on the HF bands, but I couldn't
tweak it quite up to 6M.  In an bit of desperation, called Moto to ask
about it:  Phone answered, "Granberg!"  After my listening to my apologies
for calling with a ham problem he was very friendly and basically said
that if they could have made it work up there, he would have spec'd it
that way!  Gave me a few other pointers and generally made my day.  Sorry
that he is no longer with us.

CC has always been at Dayton.  I think some of the group parted ways and
am not sure if they are only doing legacy apps or have any new products.

My gut feeling is to go with some of the newer and cheaper 12v MOSFET
devices such as the RD100HHF1 from RF Parts rather than the old ones.  But
we don't have Helge to design the broad band amp for us!

N0UU