[hpsdr] RD100HHF1

CT1IZU as5770972 at sapo.pt
Fri Feb 15 13:24:45 PST 2008

> My gut feeling is to go with some of the newer and cheaper 12v MOSFET
> devices such as the RD100HHF1 from RF Parts rather than the old ones.  But
> we don't have Helge to design the broad band amp for us!
>
> N0UU

A lot of conflicting info on the web. The RD100HHF1 is specified only to
30Mhz yet appears as a push pull pair in the pa`s of FT450 and 950 etc for
1.8-50Mhz.

Possibly the better part would be the RD70HVF1 as used in the Tokyo HL100.

A 20 watt amp using this new range of mosfets can be found at
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/radiokits/radio-related/20W_PA/index.htm . Used
by a lot of the Star boys to drive the the MOT AN762 amp

I notice some nice pricing on the MRF151 gemini of MA-COM manufacture with
rfparts.com.  An under run AR305 MOT Application note amp might also be a
good choice.

Shel CT1IZU