[hpsdr] Orlando Hamcation and AMSAT

Bob McGwier rwmcgwier at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 04:50:48 PST 2008

AMSAT will have a large presence at the Orlando Hamcation.  It will
remind some people of Dayton.  The Orlando Hamcation has grown in size
and prominence in the U.S.  After all, it is in a horrible place for
Winter in the U.S.!

http://www.hamcation.com/

The following AMSAT board members and officers will be there:

AMSAT President Rick Hambly, W2GPS
AMSAT President Emeritus, Tom Clark, K3IO (ex-W3IWI)
AMSAT Executive V.P.  Lee McLamb, KU4OS
AMSAT V.P. Operations,  Drew Glasbrenner, KO4MA
AMSAT V.P. Field Ops, Gould Smith, WA4SXM
AMSAT V.P. Engineering Bob McGwier, N4HY

and others.

Some of the above are board members.  Additionally, board members Lou
McFadid, W5DID and Barry Baines, WD4ASW will be in attendance.
Barry Baines is our new Eagle/Intelsat project manager.

AMSAT has been granted prominent times and rooms for presentations.
AMSAT is bringing the operational SDX and will soon thereafter put an
SDX based linear transponder on the air covering much of the state of
Florida and in a prominent place in Maryland.  Additionally, one of the
SDX will be in use in Europe thanks to a generous offer and help from
Viktor Kudielka.  AMSAT will hold engineering planning meetings here for
engineering management.  This was decided because so many of these
people were going to be in attendance anyway. Please come hear about
Eagle and Phase 3 E in Orlando.  I hope to see you there Feb. 8-10!

Bob McGwier
N4HY