[hpsdr] OZY not invoking "found new hardware wizard"

Richard Faust dick_faust at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 23 11:38:39 PST 2008

This can be an irritant if the initozy.bat file and associated files are not used.  A bigger irritant is there is no Windows WDM driver for OZY [thus there is no wizard that works] and the use of OZY etall is limited to Flex/PowerSDR systems with its inefficient Net.framework.

There is an expensive program that should be looked at called Jungo at www.jungo.com that would automate the creation of WDM drivers.  The demo software will automatically create a OZY.ini file as an auto device [I know because I have tried the demo - good for 30 days].  The problem I have is that I am not certain just how to finish the implimentation to properly initialize the OZY and have a WDM driver.  The Jungo demo supports and generates code for the M$ # enviroment as well as the old VB, and if the old VB were used the result would be compatable with 9x through XP [not sure about Vista].

With the comming of Penelope and hopefully Mercury it would be nice to be able to use platforms other than Flex or PowerSDR.

Can anyone here solve the WDM driver issue?

Dick Faust K9IVB> Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 21:22:14 -0600> To: phil at k3tuf.com; hpsdr at lists.hpsdr.org; flexradio at flex-radio.biz> From: bill at ewjt.com> Subject: Re: [hpsdr] OZY not invoking "found new hardware wizard"> > ***** High Performance Software Defined Radio Discussion List *****> > Hi Phil,> > Some basic questions:> > Is Ozy/Janus powered? 5, 12, and -12 on the Atlas bus os used by Ozy > and Janus, think you should only need +5 to get the PC to see it.> > Do you get any LEDs on Ozy and Janus lit when powered up? When you > plug it into the USB socket?> > Are you connecting it to a USB 2 port? Ozy will need a USB 2 port > -- don't know what it does if plugged into a USB 1.x port.> > If you're looking in the device manager for it the VID should be > 0xfffe and the PID should be 0x7.> > Bill (kd5tfd)> > At 07:10 PM 1/22/2008, Philip Theis wrote:> >***** High Performance Software Defined Radio Discussion List *****> >> >I'm new to O/J and have them all fired up but when plugging in the USB cable> >I am not getting the famous wizard. I also tried scanning for hardware in> >the device manager.> >Suggestions please?> >Thanks> >Phil K3TUF> > > _______________________________________________> HPSDR Discussion List> To post msg: hpsdr at hpsdr.org> Subscription help: http://lists.hpsdr.org/listinfo.cgi/hpsdr-hpsdr.org> HPSDR web page: http://hpsdr.org> Archives: http://lists.hpsdr.org/pipermail/hpsdr-hpsdr.org/