[hpsdr] Slightly O/T Re: O/J problems

Geoff vk2tfg at ozemail.com.au
Thu Jan 24 17:17:02 PST 2008

On Tuesday 22 January 2008 16:39, Geoff wrote:

> Hi Guys,
> 	I am having a few problems with Ozy and Janus and I was hoping somebody
> might be able to help. Using my XP box if I power up or connect Ozy & Janus
> I get the message "USB Device Not Recognised". The Microsoft USB Device
> viewer tells me "FailedEnumeration". This didn't happen on the old (and
> slow) Windows 2000 box. Under W2k I was able to run initozy but not
> PowerSDR. If I then wanted to run PowerSDR I needed to swap the USB cable
> over to the XP box at which point every thing appeared to be working OK. I
> even got changes in the pattern of LED's on Ozy when I selected different
> sampling rates. Using the old W2k box is no longer an option as it is now
> my EMC box  (I did save the HD though) :-). As far as I can tell I have set
> up the drivers IAW the manual :-( .
>
> 	Any ideas for further fault finding? I am stumped.
>
> 73 de Geoff vk2tfg.

Hi Guys,
	I have experimented further. After looking at the system integration page on
the wiki (good stuff, thanks) I installed and tried lsusb on my Debian 4.0
hppa box. This gives me the following with Ozy & Janus plugged into a USB hub
on the HPPA box;

vk2tfg at hppa:~/usbutils-0.73$ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 008: ID fffe:0007
Bus 001 Device 007: ID 045e:0040 Microsoft Corp. Wheel Mouse Optical
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 05a4:9869 Ortek Technology, Inc.
Bus 001 Device 006: ID 05e3:0606 Genesys Logic, Inc. D-Link DUB-H4 USB 2.0 Hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

This tells me AFAIK that the USB implementation on my XP box has gotten
fubarred somehow. Can anybody help me to get it going again please? I want to
avoid using the HPPA box as it is only equivalent in performance to about a
1.5 GHz PC :-( .

73 de Geoff vk2tfg.