[hpsdr] [Fwd: Re: Tiny Demeter]

Jeroen Bastemeijer J.Bastemeijer at TUDelft.nl
Mon Jul 28 07:43:47 PDT 2008

Dear Mike,

Thank you for your comments. I think, I read most articles you are
referring to. Currently I'm looking into so called multiphase DC/DC
(buck) converters.
These converters consist of multiple smaller DC-DC converters in
parallel. The phase relation between the different converters is well
controlled. These converters have some advantages:
* they can be used with smaller filters, the effective current ripple is
at a higher frequency
* faster reaction to transients in the current
* the switchers can be used closer to their 50% duty-cycle

Main question at this moment is the maximum noise the HPSDR system can
handle on its power supply lines. I hope Phil (or someone else with a
Mercury board) will come up with a number one of these days.

73 Jeroen PE1RGE

--
Ing. Jeroen Bastemeijer

Delft University of Technology
Department of Electrical Engineering
Electronic Instrumentation Laboratory
Mekelweg 4, Room 13.090
2628 CD Delft
The Netherlands

Phone: +31.15.27.86542
Fax: +31.15.27.85755
E-mail: J.Bastemeijer at TUDelft.nl
GPS: Lat N52.00002 Lon E4.37157 Alt 46.2m