[hpsdr] Alex\Merc

Eric Ellison ecellison at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 18:21:58 PDT 2008

Hi Graham/Shel and others.

Dale and I set up this projects area several years ago and have used it for
quite a few projects over those years. For the record, even though the label
on the website says TAPR HPSDR it is pretty much an independent area which
Dale and I have organized to gauge interest in potential projects. It is not
a TAPR or HPSDR area.

Only Dale and I have access to this area and the information you supply. We
DO NOT use this information carelessly. The information you provide in your
user record when you join is used to populate the sheet when you express an
interest. The most important is keeping your e-mail record on Hamsdr up to
date. The information is treated with the utmost security, and used to
inform you individually of pending offerings on the project.

The project offerings on HamSDR are NOT a commitment of any sort, either to
produce or purchase. Nothing is bonding. It is just your (SINCERE)
expression of interest in a possible future hardware offering. Most of you
can do the math on the parts cost as published for pricing and add 10-20% to
that as 'flywheel' to keep future projects going. TAPR has been VERY
conservative on $ to continue the inventory risk and also the reward for
future projects, so I do trust in TAPR, as an NPO and published records.

I have asked Dale to add Tiny Demeter to the interest list, and will
announce when you can express your interest in this project.

Take a look at your Mercury selection. Just from my being in the 'drift' of
all conversations, I think this Alpha is going to be: One impressive
receiver! and after that one impressive Spectrum Analyzer!

VIVA HPSDR!

Eric - aa4sw