[hpsdr] Odyssey dsPIC33 RAM usage

Murray Lang murray.lang at bbnet.com.au
Sun Jun 1 07:07:54 PDT 2008

I've just ordered one of these:
http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=1406&dDocName=en534506
with the plan of connecting it to my SoftRock TXRX and otherwise
plagiarising Odyssey as much as possible. However, the dsPIC on this
board has only 16K of RAM, whereas the Odyssey prototypes use a version
with 32K of RAM. Are any of the Odyssey bods able to tell me if their
firmware implementation could be made to reasonably function with 16K of
RAM?

Is the prototype code available? I haven't found any SVN links, but can
understand why it would be under wraps given that it's probably quite
fluid. Is it based on DttSP? Are the free versions of the Microchip
tools likely to be sufficient? Are you using an operating kernel or is
it just basically interrupt driven?

Cheers,
Murray VK6HL