[hpsdr] Phoenix onboard 1GHz clock and project status

Andrew irbsurfing at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 26 04:27:14 PDT 2008

Hi All,
Been looking at the Phoenix schematics and in particular the 1GHz clock.
Looks like a very good board and I'm looking forward to seeing some alpha results.
However I'm a bit confused by the DDS clocking arrangement.
There is a discrete crystal oscillator at 125MHz but the schematic sheet is labelled 1GHz clock.
One would therefore assume that the 8th harmonic from the mmic buffer will be used to clock the DDS, if this is the case then there looks to be a lot of filtering missing which would be needed to suppress the lower harmonics??
Am I missing something??? maybe someone could enlighten me?

Many thanks,
Andrew

Bye the way, how is the project going, have boards been built yet?
Any ideas about final populated board costs and target dates?