[hpsdr] Odyssey dsPIC33 RAM usage

Murray Lang murray.lang at bbnet.com.au
Tue Jun 3 19:53:17 PDT 2008

Hi David,

Python runs on a lot of platforms for sure, but I think it's safe to say
that you won't see it running on a dsPIC33. Imagine if, instead of
dealing itself into the runtime, the GNU Radio Python code generated
cross-platform C which could then be compiled to do all the work. I'm
not saying that it *should* do that, just that such a scheme might
result in code that could run on a wider range of resource-challenged
platforms.

This isn't a priority for me, just an aside to my rumination on gluing
SDR functions together.

73
Murray