[hpsdr] OZY/Janus/Penny on Vista

Don Kay - KI6FOM dbk-forums at cox.net
Fri Jun 6 23:29:01 PDT 2008

S. Nestra wrote:

> I have recently bought a new laptop so I could use my HPSDR stuff also
> at other places than just at home.
> The problem is that it comes standard with Vista Home edition.
> I have installed PowerSDR and USBIO and Vista does install OZY when
> plugged in, the problem is when I start
> PowerSDR and push start, the InitOZY.bat is invoked and stops several
> times with error reports.
> Endresult: no working setup.
> Are there other people with the same problem and know a solution? It
> would be a pitty if such a great project like HPSDR
> would be killed by something like an incompatible OS.
> Btw. on my XP machine everything runs just fine.
>
> 73 de Stijn PE1RKS

Unfortunately you are not alone. I just recently built a new computer
for the shack
since my old one wasn't powerful enough to cope with SDR. I had hoped
that since
Vista has now been out for over a year that my compatability issues
would be minimal
so thats what I installed. There is only one of my old apps that won't
run on my new OS
and unfortunately its PowerSDR.

It appears that initozy11.bat will not run on vista. Here is the error
it generates:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    upload_fpgaV1.1.exe
  Application Version:    1.0.2418.14979
  Application Timestamp:    44e1c9d6
  Fault Module Name:    ntdll.dll
  Fault Module Version:    6.0.6001.18000
  Fault Module Timestamp:    4791a7a6
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    000681cb
  OS Version:    6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    2562
  Additional Information 2:    53f27e79a2884502be3090d57e8ebf08
  Additional Information 3:    92da
  Additional Information 4:    352da28ee7befecc44e6367e1d857316

I have not found a workaround :-(

73 - Don KI6FOM