[hpsdr] How to fry Penny/Ozy

Oleg Skydan oleg at skydan.in.ua
Tue Jun 10 07:22:01 PDT 2008

Hi, Charlos and All !

I used to add two components to my constructions to avoid such troubles.
Just a fuse and a suppressor (something like 1,5KE15 will do the trick for 12V PS)
or high power zenner diode (with 15-25% higher voltage then the nominal PS output).
This will also protect your equipment from the applying power with reverse polarity...

I often see this in the commercial equipment too.

Good luck!
Oleg
73 de UR3IQO