[hpsdr] lightning

Bill Tracey bill at ewjt.com
Tue Jun 10 20:38:51 PDT 2008

Ray,

Can't say we've got any doco on debugging a dead board.  Since the PC
does not seem to see the board 1st thing to check is what is the FX2 doing.

Check output of 3.3v regulator on Ozy -- since D12 is on you're
getting something out of it, wonder if it's 3.3v ?
You might as well check the output of the 1.2v regulator as well.

If the 3.3V is good, Check the REST line on the FX2 -- should be hi
(pin 99 of FX2, or pin 1 of MCP130 (u9))
If that looks good see if the FX2 clock is running -- IFCLK on Pin 32
of the FX2

How much current are you drawing from +5 with just Ozy attacched to
the Atlas bus?

One other thing --  are your new USB Ports USB2?    I've got no idea
what Ozy does when presented with USB version < 2 ports

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Bill (kd5tfd)