[hpsdr] power supply for hpsdr

n3evl n3evl at townisp.com
Sat Jun 28 06:26:35 PDT 2008

I also am using a standard PC supply - even using the PC case it came in.

I did not have any problems with Atlas not providing enough load - all LEDs
came on when the supply was connected to Atlas without any other boards
installed.  Definitely best to test it this way!

I did wire up a small toggle switch to the Atlas board to turn power on/off.
I believe this serves the same function as similar connections on PC
motherboards that, when on, connects the two pins of the power supply that
turn it on - I think it's pin 14 (green) on the ATX connector to ground.

Have not noticed any issues with using this type of supply.  I did compare
against a linear supply (Elenco XP-720 Bench supply that has the necessary
voltages) but did not notice any difference when compared to the PC
switching supply.  A/J/O/P continue to play nicely and are looking forward
to meeting Mercury.

Pete, N3EVL