[hpsdr] 1 pps GPS

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Mon May 26 09:05:19 PDT 2008

Phil VK6APH,

I now have my A/J/O/Penelope boards up and running.  What a great set
of boards these are!!  Congratulations to you and the various other
HPSDR team members and TAPR members in producing such a high quality
combination of boards!  Thank you from all of us!  This is a very
exciting project.

With regard to Penelope I notice that the output frequency on mine is
about 800Hz low at 28.01 MHz and 1.1KHz low at 52.01 MHz.  I have
noticed several mentions in the HPSDR docs about using a 1 pps GPS
signal to discipline the various oscillators but I have not seen any
details in the HPSDR docs about where/how that should/can be inserted/
implemented.  Did I simply miss it somewhere?

  Is using a 1 pps GPS a capability that is currently implemented or
is that a capability that is planned for future implementation?  I
currently have a Garmin GPS-25 1 pps signal available and would like
to use it on my HPSDR combo, is that something that I do at this stage
of the HPSDR development?

73, Joe K5SO