[hpsdr] Mercury & PowerSDR

Bill Tracey bill at ewjt.com
Thu May 1 16:37:43 PDT 2008

I've not looked at PowerSDR 2nd RX code, but I'd think one could do
it if they were willing to write enough code.  There may be some
issues with Mercury and an SDR1000/Flex 5000 working with different
sampling clocks - I don't know if the Flex 5k's 2nd RX uses the same
sampling clock as the other RX and the output DA converter.  Suspect
they do  - historically PowerSDR has not liked the idea of mixing
clock domains.

The other issues will be control and UI configuration issues.   You'd
need setup panels that allow one to setup use  of X for RX1 and Y for
RX 2, as well as control code for the variations of X and
Y.    Doable, but probably a  fair amount of code in PowerSDR to
handle all the different possible variations.

One could run two copies of PowerSDR one for Mercury and one for an
SDR 1000 or Flex 5000.

This might be something better suited to implementing under the new
architecture Frank Brickle is working on

Regards,

Bill (KD5TFD)