[hpsdr] Mercury & PowerSDR

n3evl n3evl at townisp.com
Thu May 1 16:59:08 PDT 2008

Based on the kind of flexibility Frank has described, I'd be surprised if
the new architechture didn't provide an elegant solution.  If it's not
really within the capabilities of the current PowerSDR then it's probably
not worth the effort if the new environment is just around the corner.

With regard to the hardware,  if I have a single Atlas, already using Ozy &
Janus to handle PC to SDR-1000, will I be able to add Mercury to this same
backplane and use it in parallel with the SDR-1000 or will Mercury and the
SDR-1000 be competing for mutually exclusive resources provided by Ozy &
Janus?

Actually, it might be convenient to separate the SDR-1000 from HPSDR at such
time as I have Mercury (and Penelope) available, revert the SDR-1000 back to
it's sound card, and treat them as two separate hardware radios, possibly
transparently managed by the newly architechted software as a single
software radio with 2x capabilities.

Pete