[hpsdr] Mercury & PowerSDR

Frank Brickle brickle at pobox.com
Thu May 1 17:25:29 PDT 2008

On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 7:37 PM, Bill Tracey <bill at ewjt.com> wrote:

> There may be some
> issues with Mercury and an SDR1000/Flex 5000 working with different
> sampling clocks...
>
> One could run two copies of PowerSDR one for Mercury and one for an
> SDR 1000 or Flex 5000.

Help may be on the way in the form of the latest JACK audio subsystem
releases, on Linux anyway. The netjack client which is now bundled with the
release is the preferred way to run multiple sound devices even on one
system. It is designed to monitor and compensate for clock drift.

Regardless, if you have separate audio gazintas and gazoutas for each
physical RX, then there's nothing in the way of running multiple instances
of sdr-core, with a separate JACK daemon for each RX.

73
Frank
AB2KT

--
The only thing we have to fear is whatever comes along next. -- Austin Cline