[hpsdr] Trying to get Blinkity to work on a v2 Ozy

Scott Cowling scotty at tonks.com
Sun May 4 13:12:46 PDT 2008

Hi Charles,

There are 10 programmable LEDS on the Ozy board. Six are connected to the
FX2 CPU and the FPGA. Four are connected to the FPGA only.

The four connected to the FPGA are:

D1 - Debug_LED0 - FPGA pin 4
D2 - Debug_LED1 - FPGA pin 33
D3 - Debug_LED2 - FPGA pin 34
D4 - Debug_LED3 - FPGA pin 108

Drive the output low to turn on the LED.

The other six are connected as follows:
D5 - FX2_PE0 - FPGA pin 35, FX2 pin 108
D6 - FX2_PE1 - FPGA pin 37, FX2 pin 109
D7 - FX2_PE2 - FPGA pin 39, FX2 pin 110
D8 - FX2_PE3 - FPGA pin 40, FX2 pin 111
D9 - FX2_PC6 - FPGA pin 3, FX2 pin 78
D10 - FX2_PC7 - FPGA pin 48, FX2 pin 79

These can be driven by both the FX2 and the FPGA.  Maybe Bill can address
what the FX2 does with these pins. In my FPGA code, I leave them as inputs
and only play with D1 - D4. Care should be taken to avoid conflict with the
FX2 pins, which probably control these LEDs already.

Make sure that you pick the EP2C5PQ208 as your target device in Quartus II,
or you will have trouble assigning pins.

73,
Scotty WA2DFI