[hpsdr] [Flexradio] Hint for downloading the TeamSpeak recording

Dale Boresz dmb at lightstream.net
Mon May 19 12:00:46 PDT 2008

Hello Mike,

Thanks for posting the audio.

See additional comments below:

Mike Naruta wrote:
> The download file is in a Zip file.  The file
> itself is in MP3 format.  Your Windows Media
> Player should be able to play that and other
> players can as well.
>

> If you download it from the first link in
> my e-mail, be sure to save it with a .zip
> extension, otherwise Windows won't know
> what to do with it.
>

> If you click on the second link in my e-mail,
> it will open the HamSDR web page.
>
> The HamSDR web site download page has two places
> to click on for each entry.  The column on the left,
> labeled "Download" sends the file to your PC,
> or, you can LEFT click on the place where it says,
> "Right Click to Save" (I know, it's backwards).

Actually, if you LEFT click it, your browser MAY attempt to open/play
the file, depending upon
the file type and your system settings.

However, if you RIGHT click it, and then select "Save Target As ..."
(for IE), or "Save Link As ..." (Firefox), your
browser will (should) bring up a File Save dialog box, so that you can
save it. The purpose of the RIGHT click was to
have a way to guarantee that the browser would not attempt to open/play
the file - even if it could.