[hpsdr] Strange question about Penelope

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Mon May 19 18:56:14 PDT 2008

Hi Alberto,

Sorry about the delay in replying - I've been to Dayton and am
presently on my way home, first chance to check my email at the airport.

What you suggest is possible but will need the interpolating CIC in
Penelope changing. At the moment this is a single stage CIC with a 1dB
passband at 5kHz - fine for AM/SSB but too narrow for your application.

Please see the Wiki for the current Verilog block diagram of Penelope
and you will see what needs to be changed. Also, at the moment the I&Q
data is sent from the PC at 16 bits and 48kHz - you can increase this
up to the limit of the USB2 but I would suggest not operating in full
duplex since switching the FX2 between Tx and Rx causes quite a
performance hit. Adding a second Ozy board (with different PID) would
allow full duplex.

Hope that helps ( in my jet lagged state!).

73's Phil...VK6APH