[hpsdr] Strange question about Penelope

Alberto I2PHD i2phd at weaksignals.com
Tue May 20 05:52:10 PDT 2008

Hi Phil C. and Phil H.

   thanks for your informative answers. My question was not posed as I have an immediate need to use the Penelope card
as I described, but just to know if eventually that would be possible, And I find that a very interesting application
for the Penelope card. Maybe a future revision of the FPGA code could implement the needed changes to the CIC filter to
accommodate for the larger bandwidth, of course on an optional basis ? The full duplex limitation is really a limitation
if what one intends to do is to implement a linear transponder (which could also be an interesting application in
itself), but not if you limit yourself to a WAV file playback. This Penelope card seems to have a good (unleashed so
far) potential... !

73  Alberto  I2PHD