[hpsdr] HPSDR / PowerSDR hardware selection

Michael White michael.white at zytac.com
Thu May 22 09:48:49 PDT 2008

Hi

It can be done great.. Congratulations on the K3 reviews.

I think the DSP10 proved it could be done Lyle. . Simplicity itself,
just a nice little interrupt handler, no USB or WME audio drivers in
sight, no insane operating systems to turn software engineering into a
roulette game.

I note an absence of the word Microsoft, or even Linux in your
"driver", although I am sure PC's will do a great job for command and
control and GUI. (albeit 100ms late).

When we all get to an embedded SDR with floating point, fully
programmable under open source, we will have won back our hobby,
although there will be a bit less solder smoke in the air, at least we
can if we wish using HPSDR, be back in full control of what happens
end to end with no unsurmountable compromises on performance.

Keep up the good work.

p.s I will have another quick look at the Sasquatch wiki see how thats
cooking.

73
Michael