[hpsdr] HPSDR / PowerSDR hardware selection

Lyle Johnson kk7p at wavecable.com
Thu May 22 14:18:40 PDT 2008

> You need just one for the development, but everyone who wants to modify
> the code needs one too.  That is where the problem lies, at least for
> me.

If someone could check out the version 1.20 Code Composer and determine
if it had too many bugs -- or if it seemed to be satisfactory - we could
certainly use the '6713 in a competent Sasquatch.

Or maybe the GCC crowd have this working along with a GDB that works
with the JTAG emulators to bypass the whole problem and?  Google didn't
suggest this was the case, but I don't follow the progress of Gnu or Linux.

One of the newer SHARCs might also be suitable.  Gnu tools exist for
early SHARCs.  MAybe they've caught up to mroe recent ones (SIMD support)?

73,

Lyle KK7P