[hpsdr] HPSDR Update

Eric Ellison ecellison at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 18:28:01 PST 2008

Bob

I most heartedly agree!

"Trample the slow ....  Hurdle the dead"

We move on! embracing and yet rejecting the past! Trancending, here the
geographic and political boundaries!

Phil_H and Phil_C and Gerald Youngblood,  are only a few of so many, who
have grown amateur radio including yourself! Both from the truly giving
amateur sector as well as we gathered here in a totally open forum, as
devoted hobbyists! Giving it 'away for free', exchanging ideas for the love
of it, and the learning by new experience! Each giving "in kind" without
claim to what we did in the past, but rather what we can do in the future,
with whatever talent we have! Whether for $ or the hobby itself. It IS a
wonderful hobby!

Politics and all be damned! The future is tomorrow! We ARE seeing the
'tomorrow' of Radio, here without the politics, and flamewars! Otherwise, if
someone else has a better idea, I hope to be there when they do, and, in my
old age, be able to recognize it!

I loved the AMSAT meeting, and LOVED going with my friend Phil - VK6APH. We
both thoroughly enjoyed, and contributed to the interchange!! It is people
of all walks, who synergize the future! As a bonus I got to meet Phil's
wife, who is as wonderful as he!

As an end to my somewhat maudlin message I would like to recognize someone
who I snapped on camera, at AMSAT who has a foot in the past and in the
future of AMAST!

http://www.hamsdr.com/personaldirectory.aspx?id=905

There is MUCH to tell in this picture, about the future of amateur radio!
Look carefully at this picture of a contemplative leader. Look carefully
also of the onlookers from pensive to enthusiastic to bored! I think we can
tolerate all those except the bored!

BTW in USA: VOTE!

Thanks!
Eric - AA4SW