[hpsdr] HPSDR Update

Don - ki6fom dbk-forums at cox.net
Mon Nov 17 18:24:25 PST 2008

Is anyone else as upset by this as I am? Mercury is an expensive board
and one
of the things that convinced me to spend the money was that it could
also be used
to provide me with a piece of test equipment that has always been beyond
my reach.
When I saw that if I wanted to have the spectrum analyzer function I
have to spend
another $360 dollars for a second instance of a board I had already
ordered (in addition
to cyclops) I almost choked on my coffee.

Perhaps I was being naive but I'd like to understand why it worked out
this way as
it pretty much puts the spectrum analyzer out of my budget. Phil, can
you be a little
more specific on the trade offs involved?

Thanks
Don - KI6FOM