[hpsdr] HPSDR Update

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Mon Nov 17 20:08:40 PST 2008

Don,

A slight misunderstanding here. What I meant to say was that Mercury
will operate as a spectrum analyser from 0-55MHz as is - see the Wiki
under Cyclops for a screen shot of it in action. It's only if you want
to use it in conjunction with Cyclops (to give 0 - 1000MHz)as a 96MHz
second IF that you bypass the LPF.

If you want to use it with Cyclops AND a 160-6m receiver then you would
connect to Mercury past the input LPF when used with Cyclops  and as
normal via the antenna socket for 160-6m.

We did spend a lot of time and effort trying to switch both the pre-amp
and LPF out of circuit using either jumpers or a relay.  This
compromised both the noise floor and introduced some spurs - neither of
which were acceptable.

Hope that clarifies the situation and you can now enjoy your coffee!

73's Phil....VK6APH