[hpsdr] Problems with PowerSDR software

Chris Smith chris at vspl.co.uk
Tue Nov 11 06:33:48 PST 2008

Hi

My apologies if this has been covered here already but I've searched
the archive and haven't found a similar reference.

I've installed the PowerSDR software (the kt5tfd PennyMerge branch)
using Tortoise SVN plus the libusb driver (from the PowerSDR-163-
OzyJanus-2007May11.zip) on an Intel based system running WinXP Home.
This is a test set-up and the load_firmwareV1.1.exe etc runs OK and I
can control my Ozy/Janus/Penny kit.

The system I want to use in anger is AMD Athlon based running WinXP
Pro. I have followed the same installation procedure on this system
but the load_firmwareV1.1.exe  always fails with a Common Language
Runtime Debugging Services message: "Application has generated an
exception that could not be handled." Running the code manually causes
the same problem.

If I load the firmware etc using the Intel based system then move the
USB cable to the AMD based system then PowerSDR runs OK and I can
control the hardware. So it seems that the libusb driver is installed
and running OK for this function but not the load function. Odd!

Has anyone else found this problem? Before you say "reload the driver"
I have to point out that I've done that ad nauseam without any
observable change in the behaviour.

I'd like to get this running properly before I take delivery of the
Mercury card. :-)

Many thanks

Chris

G4NUX