[hpsdr] Enclosure for the HPDSR

Ronald Cox w9kfb1 at mac.com
Wed Oct 1 14:08:04 PDT 2008

I Have been thinking about an enclosure for the HPSDR. I am sure
others are thinking about it to, as I don't like to see the Atlas
backplane and all those boards in the raw on a desktop. What I plan to
do is purchase an Antec Fusion Remote (http://www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=15733
) PC case for the radio enclosure. It has provisions for the ATX power
supply. The last Antec case I purchased came with a power supply (I am
not sure if it is electrically quite enough). The fans are ultra quite
with a speed control included. It looks like a professional piece of
gear and it looks like a radio type box. The large front knob could be
used for tuning and the small LCD display could be used for radio
information.

Ron, W9KFB