[hpsdr] Penelope Mercury Ozy Atlas -- what else???

Greg Clark greg at bigredbee.com
Wed Oct 29 13:27:24 PDT 2008

So I've got everything in hand up and running with the Mercury on order.

What else do I need to make this whole setup work?

1) Do I need some sort of Transmit / Receive switch once I add Mercury?

2) Does Alex implement a Transmit / Receive Switch?

3) What about an HF amplifier?

The Fara HF amplifier looks interesting, seems like up to date parts list
and circuit boards are available.

M0KHZ recommends a 20W FET PA designed by Steve – G6ALU -- not sure  if up
to date information is available to build one of these without having to
delve into the design?

Any other recommendations?  Doesn't have to be a kit, looking for
commercially availalble solutions as well.

-- Greg K7RKT