[hpsdr] Penelope Mercury Ozy Atlas -- what else???

Graham KE9H at austin.rr.com
Thu Oct 30 11:05:09 PDT 2008

Greg Clark wrote:

> What else do I need to make this whole setup work?
>
> 1) Do I need some sort of Transmit / Receive switch once I add Mercury?
You will need some kind of transmit-receive antenna switch, and some
filtering to stop images (mixing products or aliases) from the TV and FM
broadcast stations (Mercury and Penelope sampling frequency of 122.88 MHz )
from appearing in band.  Read the ALEX (Alexiares) section in the Wiki.

> 2) Does Alex implement a Transmit / Receive Switch?
Yes.  There is a 100 watt (peak) T-R switch in ALEX.
Read the ALEX (Alexiares) section in the Wiki.

http://hpsdr.org/wiki/index.php?title=HPSDRwiki:Community_Portal

> 3) What about an HF amplifier?
No current HPSDR offering, but lots of discussion.

ALEX also includes a set of transmit low pass filters
for all HF bands and 6 meters, rated for up
to 100 watt peak, so it should simplify the HF amp
problem, when you do select one.  The G6ALU 20 watt
amp is probably a good choice at that power level, but you
will likely have to bypass the first input stage.

--- Graham / KE9H